.

.
This page is dedicated to Dorothy Dandridge - An American Beauty

What Should I Do When...



I consider myself a girl's girl, and I enjoy great girl talk. Open communication is always welcomed BUT, I sometimes pay a high price for being friendly.


Early this morning my dog and I crossed paths with a talkative neighbor. Nice girl but a little active for my taste. For the third time she began to tell me a familiar story. I immediately remembered it was fifteen minutes long with a lot of twist and turns. At 7am I just wasn't prepared to take the journey with her... again. I found myself drifting into my happy place ... EasyLifeGuide Land. After I retrieved my senses I gave her a big smile and looked deep in her eyes and said, " Oh yeah, I remember you telling me about this before." Then I told her the end of the story to ensure that I already knew everything there was to know about it. She appeared surprised but open to the subject change. Believe it or not the weather is a great conversation subject change.

I'm sure we all have found ourselves in similar situations. It's never comfortable when we are speaking to a passionate person about something for the third time. Don't fret, use my strategy of cutting the person off at the pass with a gentle recap, followed by the old "switch subject" manuever, and you can walk away without being rude. Don't forget to change the subject to something less taxing once you make your move. Emily Post would agree, leaving a situation without making the other person feel like a bore is the best policy.

Got a similar story? Please leave a comment.

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment...it is appreicated! Please visit the bolg for monthly updates.

Monthly Goal Challenge

Monthly Goal Challenge
Challenge yourself each month to learn something new about yourself.

Make One Simple Goal A Day

Its February 2015 and most people have set goals or resolutions for the New Year. FACT: only 8% of the population complete their New Year goals. I found a website that will assist with goal setting, tracking, measuring and achieving your goals.

One Simple Goal is a website designed to change the way people view and achieve goals. The concept is to set one attainable goal a day. Get started today!

Visit http://www.onesimplegoal.com/ to learn more.



Star Sighting: Dororthy Dandridge

Star Sighting: Dororthy Dandridge
Beautiful Dorothy Dandridge with a group of Beauty Queens in the 1940s. Photo: Clyde Woods